40 Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Anniversary Wishes for Couples: A wedding anniversary is symbolic of the fact that a couple’s relationship has sailed through life’s stormy waters. This post reverberates the emotions and feelings that go into making a marriage work. Take ideas to write your own messages to wish a couple who is celebrating their cute bond. Whether it is a romantic quote or a funny joke – make sure that the words on your greeting card mimic the eternal ad beautiful effervescence of true love. Tag them on Facebook and share sweet stuff on Pinterest. The whole idea is to let the couple bask in the warm hues of a milestone celebration that becomes yet another precious memory in the book of their lives.
1)Real relationships are when you don’t have to pretend to be someone else, just to be liked for being someone you’re not. Happy anniversary.
2) Looking at divorced couples make me feel that marriages are ephemeral. But you both have proved that marriages are truly eternal. Happy anniversary.
3) Some of the best memories of a couple are not just the magic of their first few kisses but the magic they create every time they kiss for the rest of their lives. Happy anniversary.
4) The wrinkles on your faces are not signs of how much you have aged, but how beautifully your marriage has survived the test of time. Happy anniversary.
5) Not a long journey, your marriage is an adventure. Not a love story, your marriage is an epic tale of romance. Not a happy ending, your marriage is a blissful loop of sweet memories. Happy wedding anniversary.
6) No one and nothing in this world is perfect, but the two of you are as close as it gets. Happy anniversary.
7) Parties, dinners and get-togethers – we have many selfish reasons to gather and wish you both a great life ahead. Happy anniversary.
8) The bond of a marriage can take various forms, depending on whether life is imitating calm or storms. Sometimes in can be a beautiful knot, sometimes it can be a fragile cord. Regardless of what it is, I hope your lives overflow with bliss. Happy anniversary.
9) The echo of your love and the sound of the sea have a few things in common – they are both constant, soulful and eternal. Happy anniversary.
10) Real relationships are when you can fight like enemies, laugh like best friends and love like soul mates. Happy anniversary.
11) Whatever you do and wherever life takes you, never underestimate the power of honesty, love and friendship. Happy anniversary.
12) Relationships are not about give and take, they’re about share and care. Happy anniversary.
13) For some people, a perfect marriage is a myth, fairytale, legend, fable or false hope. But for me, it is a real thing which exists between you both. Happy anniversary.
14) Your dreams, ambitions and hopes for the future may not be always the same. But the beauty of your marriage is that you both live to make each others’ dreams come true. Happy anniversary to a perfect couple.
15) More than the pop of balloons, flash of lights and shower of confetti – may the sounds of laughter, flashes of smiles and showers of happiness mark your anniversary.
16) Anniversaries are milestones where you can pause and look back at your life – to cherish all the beautiful memories and bind yourselves to all the wonderful promises that are yet to be fulfilled. Happy anniversary.
17) Your family name too should end with EST because it comes after every word I use to describe you as a couple – happiEST, coolEST, hottEST and the very bEST. Happy anniversary.
18) If your love story was made into a movie, it would give The Notebook a run for its money. Happy wedding anniversary.
19) Success doesn’t always come in the form of pay checks and awards. It also lies in smiles that are a result of happy relationships and experiencing the little pleasures of life. Happy anniversary.
20) Most married couples hear each other’s words, you listen to each other’s heartbeats. Most of them admire each other’s looks, you complement each other’s souls. Most of them commit to each others’ lives, you have committed to each others’ dreams. Happy anniversary to an awesome couple.
21) The sweetest of anniversaries are a result of getting through the life’s most bitter moments… hand in hand and heart to heart. Happy anniversary.
22) Times change, people change, but memories remain. Wish you both a lifetime of happy memories. Have a fantastic anniversary.
23) The first few years of marriage are likely to be the best. It is only later that life becomes a test. But the love between you both makes you better that the rest. Happy anniversary and good luck.
24) For some couples, being perfect means being flawless. But for a wise, mature and beautiful one like you, being perfect means accepting each other and making the most of what life has to offer. Happy anniversary.
25) Your anniversary should have been a monthly and not a weekly affair, for having just one day in a year is just not enough to show each other how much you care. Happy anniversary.
26) Some marriages are a cocktail of different emotions, feelings and experiences. Yours is straight and on the rocks – 100% pure and undiluted love. Happy anniversary.
27) A romantic journey, thrilling ride, fun adventure, amazing voyage, beautiful expedition, memorable escapade, heavenly trip – this is the definition of your marriage and the path to your destiny. Happy anniversary.
28) Every year, your anniversary makes me anxious, insecure, nervous and stressed because it adds to the pressure of finding the perfect match – just like you both did. Happy anniversary.
29) Sometimes your marriage is slow like Waltz, sometimes it is peppy like Salsa, sometimes it is hot like Tango and sometimes it is soulful like Jazz – cheers to the couple who can dance to any rhythm of life. Happy anniversary.
30) You don’t need to wait for your 10th, 20th or 25th anniversary to celebrate a milestone in your life. Every anniversary of yours is a special milestone. Happy anniversary.
31) May the sunshine of happiness always break out from the clouds of misunderstandings to form a rainbow of love in your timeless marriage. Happy anniversary.
32) As an old couple your legs may have become wobbly and beautiful wrinkles may adorn your lovely faces, but your love for each other never seems faded regardless of life’s phases. Happy anniversary.
33) Even after so many years of living together, you both haven’t got tired of each other. Here’s wishing that you stay, like this forever. Happy anniversary.
34) Even amidst difficult times, tough situations and harsh circumstances, you have proved that a happy marriage can sail you through any storm of life. Happy anniversary.
35) Happy anniversary to a couple who has made their marriage as perfect as it is made out to be in romantic books and movies.
36) In the Waltz of Life, you have proved to be the perfect dancing partners for each other and forever. Happy anniversary.
37) Your anniversary will remind you not just of the best moments of your relationship, but also of all the strife you went through to experience those blissful moments. Happy anniversary.
38) The fact that you don’t behave like a typical husband-wife makes your marriage perfect. Happy anniversary.
39) Good relationships don’t just happen. They need to be nurtured and given a foundation that is unshakable – just like yours. Happy anniversary.
40) A real relationship is when destinies align, souls connect and hearts beat for each other, forever and ever – just like yours. Happy anniversary.
40 Birthday Quotes
40th Birthday Wishes: This post is bursting with inspirational messages and funny quotes about life and the hoopla around turning forty years old. Whether it is for your dad, mom, husband, wife, sister, brother, friends or colleagues – make sure your greetings drive home the awesomeness that middle age has to offer. Put some thought into what you want to say and write it out on a cute card. Forties are when midlife crisis starts to peak and a few jokes and banter about growing old aren’t out of the question either. Humor and motivation are two of the best ways to help people move on. Your words might turn out to be, just what it takes to push the newest member of the Forty Club to live life to the fullest.
1) Life is a book and your forties are the chapters when it all starts making sense. Happy 40th birthday.
2) Make sure you live life in a way that when time machines are invented, you can proudly say ‘I don’t want to go back in time because I have lived my life in the best possible way’. Happy 40th birthday.
3) Turning forty isn’t a bad thing. It’s what your whole life has led up to. Make the most of it. Happy birthday.
4) Cherish the memories that make you smile, forget those that remind you of pain. Spend more time with your family, don’t hold yourself back from meeting long lost friends again. The time is never right, so don’t wait for it to present the perfect opportunity. Move on – it’s the only way to reach your true destiny. Happy birthday.
5) About forty years ago, the first email was sent in 1971, Sony Walkman was made in 1978 and disco became popular in the seventies. Wow, you were born in such a cool decade. Happy 40th birthday.
6) Don’t imprison yourself in thoughts of how life has gone by. Free yourself in the hope of what lies ahead. Happy birthday.
7) Maturity and wisdom are great assets to have, but they are useless if you don’t unburden your life’s liabilities with smiles and laughter. Happy 40th birthday.
8) Everyone grows older, but only a few make the most of it. Who are you going to be? Happy birthday.
9) The funny thing about age is that the more you think about it, the older you feel. Happy birthday.
10) Turning forty isn’t about lamenting about the years gone by, nor about turning older and letting out a sigh. Forty is a beautiful age which you can use as a pedestal, to live life to the fullest and make it magical. Happy birthday.
11) The best part about turning forty is that you can blame everything on midlife crisis. Happy birthday.
12) You can’t change the past but you can definitely control the future. So stop worrying about your twenties and thirties… and just focus on how you are going to rock your forties. Happy birthday.
13) Strive to be a 40 year old that makes people go – ‘I wanna be like that when I turn forty’ Happy birthday.
14) A fortieth birthday is like standing on a precipice – it’s like seeing what you got in life and what you chose to give a miss. It that obscure feeling of belonging nowhere – sometimes you are here, sometimes you are there. But this disorientation is meant to be enjoyed thoroughly – it will finally lead up to your beautiful destiny. Happy birthday.
15) Be happy that you are still 3,650 days away from turning fifty. Maybe this is the only way you can console yourself about turning forty. Happy 40th birthday.
16) Turning forty is like embracing a new sunrise in your life. Just look out into the horizon and see the awesomeness that lie ahead. Happy birthday.
17) Stop waiting for perfect moments in your life. Every second is as perfect and as priceless as you want it to be. Happy 40th birthday.
18) You know you are forty when you stop using Facebook to socialize and start using it to spy on your kids. Happy 40th birthday.
19) Forty is the teenage of old age – understand this before it is too late, and start living your life to the fullest. Happy 40th birthday.
20) Do you have some spare time in your life? Then maybe this is the right time to start searching for the Fountain of Youth! Happy fortieth.
21) Open up, be free, rise above the memories of your past’s dark lanes. Life is too precious to let regret and hate remain. Happy birthday.
22) Everyone will tell you that you look half your age. But as your friend it is my responsibility to tell you the honest truth – you are not turning any younger. Happy 40th, you oldie.
23) You are definitely forty if you notice that all your sentences start from ‘When I was younger…’ Happy birthday.
24) Forty is the time you start ticking off everything on your bucket list. If you keep postponing, you might be too old to do most of them. Happy birthday.
25) Your genes and DNA should be bottled up and preserved because you seem to be getting younger with every passing year. Happy 40th.
26) Life’s milestones aren’t supposed to be counted… they’re supposed to be celebrated. Happy 40th.
27) Have you heard nasty stories about how your body starts to wear down after forty? Well… they’re all true. Good luck and happy birthday.
28) Turning forty is a wakeup call – life is running away and the only way to catch up is to live the best life you possibly can. Happy 40th.
29) Turning forty is all about reaching some of life’s peaks… including the peak of midlife crises, peak of your kids’ teeny tantrums, peak of marital issues and peak of problems at work. Good luck!
30) FORTY – Flirty, Optimistic, Risky, Teasing and Youthful. This is the secret to feeling young even when you are forty years old. Happy birthday.
31) A new chapter of life for you, begins today. Say goodbye to your past and for the future, pave the way. Full of happy anecdotes, let a new story unfold. Smiles, laugh, share, cry… be carefree and bold. Happy 40th birthday.
32) Congratulations for turning forty. The average life expectancy is about 80 years so you have lived half of your life already. Sorry for being the party pooper, but facts are facts! Happy birthday.
33) Every crisis has an opportunity in disguise. For all you know, your midlife crisis may also have a brilliant opportunity for you in store. So stop sulking about turning forty and let’s party. Happy birthday.
34) In life, the possibilities are endless. The only limitations are those that life inside your mind. Go forth, happy birthday.
35) All your life you strived to become mature and wise. Forty is the time to enjoy the fruits of this journey by being wild and carefree. Happy birthday.
36) Don’t complain about the things that have gone wrong, don’t crib about all the joys that you have forgone. Just smile and laugh as if there’s always a better tomorrow in sight… embrace life with all your might. Happy 40th birthday.
37) Forty is the beginning of the best phase of your life… NOT! Happy birthday.
38) At forty years old, there’s so much you have done. You’ve led a good life, you’ve been a good person. You’ve made your parents proud, you are the pride of the family, steering our lives to where we wanted it to be. Happy 40th birthday.
39) Forty is when you will finally realize why your mum and dad were so cranky when you were growing up. Happy birthday.
40) I have applied a double coat of White-Out and Liquid Paper on the zero on your fortieth birthday card. Congratulations on turning four. Happy birthday.